May 03, 2007

Warm Weather Fun

I really like warm weather. This week Hannah and I have spent many hours in the backyard splashing in the water and basking in the sun. And I think I would have a pretty decent sun tan if mom didn't apply a thick coat of sun screen before go out. It's a shame, really, because my skin is almost as white as my hair. In other words, a little color sure wouldn't hurt when trying to attract the little ladies, if you know what I mean. Mom says I have her skin, which means I will burn, not tan. I guess as long as she covers me with that lotion we'll never know.

I will say, though, that I look quite studly in my swimsuit and shades. I hate to say it, but swimsuits are not the most flattering attire for Hannah. She's having a hard time trimming that belly down. But she's doesn't seem bothered by it. In fact, the other day I turned around to see her standing in the middle of the back yard naked. Whoa! Didn't need to see that. I'm sure the kids playing baseball at the park were thinking the same thing.

And speaking of chubby, you should see baby Dylan. Good grief. I try not to say anything, but the kid is a whale. I hear people saying that he is going to be bigger than me soon, but I'm not afraid. He can barely stay upright with that big fat head, so unless he somehow falls on me I think I'll be ok. I'd prefer to be quick and nimble to chunky and imobile. Bring it on, dude.

With the warm weather comes some fun field trips. Yesterday we went to the zoo with Gammie, Staci and Kate. It's always fun to see the animals that I read about in my books, but to be honest I liked the cool water fountain the best. Mom conveniently 'forgot' my swimsuit so I couldn't enjoy it to the fullest, but it was still fun. I guess it's up to me to pack my own day pack from now on. I can't wait to see what else mom and dad have in store for us this summer.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm glad you are really starting to enjoy summer for what it is. Winter has it's perks but summer is a lot more fun. By the way, G, you look pretty studly in your swim shorts. You better be careful or Hannah is going to have to beat off the little girls chasing you this summer.

Anonymous said...

G - You look like a total stud! I think the ladies will discover your studliness soon enough. But, it is important to keep your skin healthy, so let your mom put the sunscreen on....otherwise you'll look all raisiny when you get older and the ladies don't dig that.