January 10, 2007

They better bring me something cool


So I guess mom and dad are headed for a big boat ride in a few days. Dad's pretty excited about it, and he rubs it in my face every night. "Mom and dad are going on a big boat, and you kids get to stay home with grandma and grandpa." . . . Yippee!
Don't get me wrong, spending a week with grandpa will be AWESOME, but I can't help but think that I'm getting the short straw as far as cool new experiences go. Dad says they'll be swimming every day - I love to swim. He says they're going to eat a ton of desserts - I love desserts. He says they're going to fly on an airplane - I love airplanes. Why would they not want to take me with them?
After some deep thought on the question, the only thing I can come up with is that they need me to stay and keep an eye on sister. I don't think they trust her alone with grandma and grandpa. I can see their point. Grandma and grandpa need me here. So, I'll take one for the team this time, but mom and dad better bring me something freakin' cool. With only 5 months until my inauguration as a 'terrible' 2-year old, the time to start bribing is NOW!
Have fun on your cruise mom and dad. And good luck with the souveneir shopping.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

G - You're right, your grandparents need you there. You gotta keep Hannah in line. Don't worry, I'll make sure your parents get you something real nice.

Michelle said...

Hi G! I had a very similiar reaction when I first learned that your Aunt Carlee was going on the cruise. I had to force myself to stop thinking such thoughts as, "Was I just not a good enough friend?" "Is it my insane hyenia laugh?" Alas, it just wasn't meant to be. Whie you are busy keeping an eye out for your ninja sister, I will keep an eye on A. Carlee's work.

Anonymous said...

G, while you are keeping little miss Hannah in line (someone's gotta do it), all the rest of us that are going will be busy trying to keep your parents in line. I'll give you a full report of all of their activities upon returning.
Have fun and don't be too rough on g'ma and g'pa.