June 11, 2007

What a day it was

So some of you know it was my birthday yesterday. I'm assuming that those that didn't call me either didn't know or gave up trying after they couldn't get through. The lines were pretty bogged down most of the day. Anyway, some of my favorite people called to wish me happy birthday, and a happy day it was.

When I got out of bed mom made me birthday waffles with whipped cream. She even put a couple candles in it so I could practice for the main event. I love my mom. I don't care what Hannah says about her, I think she's awesome.

After breakfast I got to help mom make my very own birthday cakes. I had to make sure she did it right. But I must say that it was very tough to go the rest of the afternoon knowing there were two perfectly tasty cakes calling to me from the atop the counter.

Finally when dad got home from work we went to eat pizza with Grammie Bruce and Grammie and Papa Oborn. Here's a picture of me showing Papa how to eat cake like a man (watch! click on it to make it bigger if you really want to be impressed). Papa's one of my best buddies 'cuz he's always so happy to see me and he loves to play ball with me. I just wish he would occasionally comment on my blog.

The whole ride home mom and dad kept telling me there was another present waiting for me at home, and boy were they right! They gave me my very own big kid bike. It's flippin' sweet! I think they were surprised how well I could ride it all by myself. The problem is now all the other kids are going to want to ride it. I may have to call on Chubba - er, I mean Dylan - for protection. The kid looks imposing, but I don't think he's all there. He just sits and blankly stares at the ceiling all day. But that's a topic for another day.

Anyway, I'll upload pictures of my sweet bike tomorrow. Thanks again to all those that made my birthday such a special day.


3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey Buddy! I'm glad you had such a great b-day, turning 2 can be a lot of fun. I couldn't get through the phone lines just like you said but I was thinking about you and hoping you were having an awesome birthday!

Michelle said...

And I can't wait to see your bike

Anonymous said...

G - I'm glad you had such a great birthday! So did your cake turn out good? It sure looks good and you definitely eat like a man! You're 2 G, now the real fun can begin. HAHAHAH! Your poor parents. :)