November 05, 2006

Sunday Morning Waffles

Today is Sunday and that means I can count on at least one thing: WAFFLES!

Yes, there are few things better than this time of the day. Freshly waken from a nice slumber (last night was an exception, however), a fresh diaper, a full cup of moo juice and a nice warm waffle with savory maple syrup. Yummy!

Weekends are my favorite because dad gets to eat breakfast with us. Mom slept in today because I was a bit on the naughty (restless) side for a few hours in the early morning. I thought mom would be pleased to spend a few uninterrupted minutes with her soon-to-be middle child, but apparently I was mistaken. Be warned - she'll probably try to get sympathy by grosely exaggerating the story saying I was up for hours.

Anyway, back to the waffles. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good meal; but it could be better if I were priviledged with the same choices that Hannah gets: milk or juice; maple or raspberry syrup, that chair or this chair. I guess some people mistake my quest for a simple life to mean that I want the basics on everything: milk, maple, the blue bib and always the same chair. I can only hope that when junior is born I will move up a notch on the ol' totem pole. Until then, I'll just sit back and enjoy the musings of a beautiful Sunday morning. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're so cute G! I will eat waffles with you anytime. Just invite me over. :)