November 03, 2006

What the Hall...oween?

So, um . . . apparently there's this day that comes around once a year that gives parents legal permission to blatantly make their kids look like fools. I think Halloween is what they called it. Don't get me wrong, in some aspects this day is a kid's dream come true - you know, with all the candy and such that is for the most part off limits during the rest of the year. But what does dressing up in silly outfits have to do with nice people giving a kid candy?

Well, as you can see, I had the unfortunate fate of being a mouse this year. I'm pretty sure that mom and dad like me more than Hannah, but I just don't get why she got to wear something that makes her look all growed up while they stuck me in this giant ball of fur. And did you notice they even gave me a stick of string cheese to complete the look? As if that would authenticate the rediculous get-up. Clever dad. Real clever.

I may sound bitter about the whole idea, but it really wasn't that bad. I mean, I made out like a bandit as far as the sweets go - which, by the way, I haven't seen much of since they were collected. Dad always seems to be munching on something, though. Hmm. And the actual candy collection process was intriguing: stand at a stranger's doorstep and knock while yelling 'Trick or Treat', or in my case, 'tugh, tugh'. Although, there was that one incident involving a cat that I'm still trying to get over. That was one brave kitten and I about crapped my mouse suit. I thought it was really nice of dad to laugh as the cat chased me around the porch. Thanks dad! Why don't you dress up as a friggin' mouse next time and we'll see how funny it is then.

Anyway, everyone thought I was cute, so I guess that's all that really matters. I can't wait to see what mom puts me in next year. I'm thinking an armadillo or something. Posted by Picasa

No comments: